On a peaceful rainy morning in August, I started out my day working from home by opening my refrigerator and getting inspired by the ingredients I saw in front of me. With some leftover country gravy (from my brother who likes to emulate Dairy Queen’s chicken strip basket by making chicken strips and gravy), a personal pan pizza crust and a drawer full of fresh tomatoes straight from my garden, I knew I had to take a stab at making my own version of a breakfast pizza.
The beauty of being your own chef is that you can put whatever ingredients you want in your recipes! Here is my #foodspiration recipe for homemade breakfast pizza:
- pizza crust– I chose to use a pre-made personal pan crust I already had.
- country gravy– I use the quick, easy and equally delicious gravy packets from McCormick. Instead of mixing it with two cups of water on the stove top, I use one cup water, one cup milk.
- scrambled eggs– I used two eggs and a dash of milk.
- turkey bacon– 1.5 pieces was plenty for my personal pan
- breakfast sausage– 3 links
- tomato– 1 medium roma
- cheese– shredded blend
- Preheat oven according to pizza crust directions
- Make toppings: turkey bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs and gravy. (You do not use very much gravy so I advise either using leftover gravy or keeping the gravy for biscuits and gravy or something along those lines, not to waist it. Being creative with your leftovers is key.)
- Slice tomato
- Placing crust on cookie sheet, spread gravy as sauce, then top pizza with bacon, sausage, egg and tomato.
- Sprinkle desired cheese on top.
- Cook 8-10 minutes.