I love Labor Day weekend: the FedEx Cup Playoffs, the start of football season and fall. What a wonderful time of the year! So what’s better than sports, fall and good food? This tasty, sweet and smoky pulled pork recipe is a new go-to of mine and is super easy for your weekend festivities.
As a St. Louis native, I know what is good BBQ and this, my friends, is good BBQ. I’ve made this for the weekend golf crew at the PGA TOUR Studios a few times now and they love it. I love it too, because not only does it taste good but its super quick and easy to make. The meat can cook and marinade for hours while you carry on with your day.
— Teryn Schaefer (@TerynS_PGATOUR) July 24, 2016
Sweet and Smoky Slow-cooker Pulled Pork
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce (Sweet Baby Ray’s is my favorite)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle diet pepper-type soda (such as Diet Dr Pepper(R))
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Spray crock pot and turn on high, insert pork tenderloins.
In a large bowl, mix together marinade ingredients. Pour into crock pot, cover and cook on high until tenderloin pieces begin to shred at the edges, 3 to 4 hours.
Shred meat using 2 forks; reduce slow cooker setting to Low and cook 1 more hour. THAT’S IT! YOU’RE DONE!
I love to serve it with buns, coleslaw and mac n’ cheese. (Put the coleslaw on the bun with you pulled pork sandwich and prepare to have an explosion of flavor in your mouth!)
Want a killer dessert to go with it? Try my to-die for Reese’s Gooey Butter Cake recipe!
Recipe and photo via AllRecipes.com