New Years Resolutions aren’t really my thing. I think it’s important to keep a mental list of goals all year-long, but it’s never a bad thing to stop down and reassess. So here we go, let’s give a few resolutions a try!
1. Be more present. We all can let our devices unnecessarily suck up our time or dictate what we do. I always need to remind myself to get off my phone, unplug, read a book, call up a friend, etc. Overall, I need to unplug more — period. I tend to bring work home A LOT. Due to the nature of my profession, I need to be in the know all the time — but I should allow myself to disconnect more often.
2. Cut back on the sweets. I LOVE chocolate, sweet tea and desserts — they are my weakness. But I think I’ve probably allowed myself to become addicted to sugar. I never want to deprive myself of the joys of life (which includes good food), but I need to cut back a bit haha!
3. Continue to improve my connection with my faith and God. I work EVERY Sunday of the year, which can make getting to church a bit difficult. But no excuses, I’ve begun to tackle She Reads Truth’s “Bible in a Year” and with my current pace, I definitely won’t finish it in a year😅
4. Learn French. We are taking our honeymoon in France & Italy in the fall. I took four years of Spanish in high school and would like to learn more!
5. Take up more water sports. I’ve always loved getting outside and being active (hence why I like golf) but haven’t taken up many water activities (besides sitting at the pool or beach😃) since I moved to Florida. Let’s learn how to surf and get out there and SUP more! I used to water ski on lakes back in the Midwest as a kid, how hard can this be?!
Let’s keep the list at five for now, don’t overwhelm yourself with too many lofty goals. Remember, we are all a work in progress and nobody’s perfect!
I want to know — what are your resolutions for 2018?